Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Medieval Times


Buena Park, California


I had the opportunity to take my family to Medieval Times during our family vacation. 
We had so much fun!!


Tips for visiting with small children:

*We arrived early 5:45pm, the show starts at 7:00pm
If you purchase your tickets online in advance, there really is no need to go too early. Your seats will be assigned and the long wait might make your children antsy. There are things to do while you wait: look at horses, weapons, merchandise (and if you drink, drinks...)

*Since you eat everything with your hands, be aware that there is hot soup and hot chicken. I tore my kids food apart with my hands so it could cool off.
*If your kids are too small to drink from a cup, I would bring a sippy cup or a straw. Its dark too, so trying to let your little one drink from your cup might end up in a wet baby and lap.
*The show is 2 hours long. My kids did fine, but I could tell it was a bit long for the really young ones. 



The food:
Oh hello yummers!
I was so shocked at how good the food was.
If you are not a soda drinker (like my husband) the only other option is unsweetened iced tea and water.

On the Menu:
Yummy Garlic bread
Tomato Bisque soup
Chicken (huge)
Potato (kinda dry)
Ribs
and Pastry.. We got an apple pie pastry that was DELICIOUS!
even my picky eater dug in and kept telling me it was so yummy!

Our server named "Otis" was so amazing. He was so nice and catering to our family which really made our experience so much better!!


The Cast:
Before the show you run into some cast members. They are all very nice and totally stay into character.
My little girl won the "Queen of the Tournament" sash during the show which was so nice.


Upgrading to the Royalty Package:
I definitely think it is worth it. 
You get to sit in the very front.
You get your team's flags to wave, literature and DVD to take home with you


 At first I thought my kids were too young to really appreciate it.
The older ones are 4 and 6.
I was wrong. They were SO INTO IT. They were cheering and oohing and aahhing the whole time.
Already they are asking me when we can go back!!


At first I thought...wow... tickets are expensive, but now experiencing it I totally understand why the ticket cost is what it is. 
The amount of people it takes to run this show is amazing. The knights and horses... the training. Now I am shocked the tickets aren't more!!



If you are considering taking a trip to Medieval Times I definitely think you should. Its a fun night and and a great way to make memories with your family!!


Here is a little VLOG of our trip!

4 comments:

  1. I went to the one in Chicago when I was in high school, I absolutely loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally cool! So glad you guys are enjoying your vacation! You guys deserve it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Admіrіng the hard work уοu put intο your site and detailеd informаtion you present.
    It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the
    samе out of date гehashеd mаtеrial.

    Wonderful гead! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including yοur RSS fеeds to my Goοgle aссount.
    miscellaneous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. I wаs сheсking continuously this blog and I'm impressed! Extremely helpful info specifically the last part :) I care for such info much. I was seeking this certain information for a long time. Thank you and good luck. vocaloids.ru

    ReplyDelete