Thursday, June 14, 2012

little girl fun

I feel like as a mom a lot of days are in 'survival mode'. Just trying to make it to the end of the day. I hate that. I don't want to just survive, I want to thrive. I find myself getting snippy throughout the day and telling my kids to clean up, be quiet, calm down, sit properly... nag. nag. nag.
yeesh. when did I become such a drag?!?
I'm not much of a play-er. I always thought I would be, but now... I feel like I'm always too tired to 'play'. So I end up telling the kids to play doctor as I lie in the middle of their room and close my eyes. what a bore. 
My kids are so beautiful, intelligent, funny and YOUNG. They will never ever ever be this age again, and one day I am going to miss it and wish that I spent less time nagging and more time having fun with them. 
Today my oldest who is 5 begged me if she could do my makeup. The boring, naggy mom in me was just about to say no... when I looked at her big brown eyes full of hope and excitement. How could I say no? 
OH MY. The girl was soooooooooooooo excited when I said yes. Who knew such a little thing could make her so happy?! She took forever picking the right colors... and finally chose 6 different blushes which she applied with the smallest brushes possible, pink and black glittery eyeshadow and pink lipstick. she did pretty good for her first time! look at the concentration!
Here's a close up. I have to admit I'm pretty impressed with the contouring. Plus, she even held a wet wipe to 'fix the smudges'.


I decided to keep the makeup on for the rest of the day. Every time she looked at me she would smile so big.... I need to let her do things like this more.
After makeup time we had a hula hoop contest and then she went and picked these little flowers for me.
what a beautiful and sweet little girl. makes my heart melt.

 This little girl is going to be a world changer. She is so smart, compassionate and loves so much.
Thank you Lord for a daughter who embodies so many different types of beauty and shows me every day how colorful life can be!

2 comments:

  1. your daughter seems to be the nicest little person. collecting flowers for you was so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your daughter seems to be the nicest little person. collecting flowers for you was so sweet.

    ReplyDelete