Thursday, June 7, 2012

good friends

Good friends are hard to find. As you get older, it gets harder. There have been so many times when I've been at the park and I see the other moms checking each other out and as each mom arrives, they get sized  up. I've had quite a few 'pick ups' where moms slowly come closer and try to find something to talk about. and sometimes nervously ask things like "so do you come here often?" its totally like dating!! hahaha I totally get it. Once you're not in school, or working especially, it gets harder and harder to meet new people. I can't imagine life without my good friends. Some of them live closer than others...but even the ones that live far I keep in touch with daily. I think you need that.
I think a lot of times when people get a boyfriend, or husband. That person becomes their EVERYTHING. Which is good, but bad. He should be your best friend, confidant, blah blah blah... but you need people other than your significant other to talk to, vent, sometimes just hang out and do absolutely nothing. It is healthy for you, and for your relationship with your significant other (he needs friends too!) 
Anyways, today I got to hang out with one of my best friends. She is alway so refreshing to hang out with. I can just be myself, talk about ANYTHING...and she always keeps it real. She happened to have her baby within weeks of me having mine. That in itself was amazing to experience with someone you love so much! That is her cutie up there on the left with my daughter. aren't they just so adorable? we took about a gabillion pictures together in the middle of the mall, but of course forgot to manage to take one of us together. 
The last couple of days I have been in such a poo-ey mood (i think its that time) so it was a nice getaway, even if it was just for a couple of hours. With all that said, I am so thankful for some good friends that have stuck with me through the years.... (S,A,M) you better be reading this! hehe. 
I know that I am a much more sane person because of your love and encouragement!


so while taking a breather in the dressing room I did a quick outfit of the day. who am i?! yeesh... haha! 
anyways, its nothing fancy. I'm not even wearing any jewelry or anything...its really like a mom uniform :)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment