Monday, June 10, 2013

searching...


I feel like I'm on a conscious road of discovery. 

One of the things I love the most about my husband is that we can have long, deep conversations where we can talk about nothing and everything and have a better understanding of ourselves...our goals, our dreams, our purpose. Share the things that excite us, motivate us, drive us.
We've had a lot of those conversations the past couple of days and I find it so refreshing. I think once in a while you need to re-evaluate where you are in life, what you like, what you want to change...and what some of your dreams are.

I feel like I've always have had that internal struggle of having a bunch of things I like to do, things I enjoy doing, things I think I'm "okay" at doing...but finding that one things that I was MADE to do is so much harder. Like being an opera singer or gymnast... you know what I mean? 
I know that God has placed many different purposes and passions within me, but finding a way to use all of them in harmony is pretty hard.
I feel like even though many of my passions have stayed the same, who I am has changed throughout the years dramatically. Viewing the world now as a mom and wife is so different from when I was 19 and single. 
I guess it has brought greater depth and meaning which can only be a good thing. 
With that said I feel anxious...kinda jittery. Like I need to do something... something great.
We were talking yesterday about those people who just keep going, no matter what. They don't get down and quit, they just keep going. They keep trying and they don't give up. Those are the: World changers. Life changers. Hope givers. Dream makers.
 That's what I want to do.
so I'm searching.... for  MY something great!

1 comment:

  1. Jeannie! You ARE already doing something great!!! Being a good wife, mother, and...I LOVE your youtube videos!!! You are sharing all kinds of things on your videos! I know that it may be different from what you are talking about, but I wanted to encourage you that blessing your husband and raising those children is already "something great"!!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete