Sunday, September 23, 2012

slow your roll


our family and life are busy and hectic.. not some of the time ALL OF THE TIME. I'm sure many of you can agree with that. Sometimes I acknowledge...even verbalize that we need to take it down a notch, but usually in vain. The other day little missy threw up and it made me take a step back (of course we were out to dinner with some friends). I attribute it mainly to her teething. I can see her bottom teeth breaking through. My other two didn't really get sick or fussy when they teethed.. but this little one... drama. she lies face plant down on the grown and stiffens her buttcheeks and makes it known that she is not a happy camper. 
The next day being even more busy I woke up with the 'water snakes' in my eyes... that can only mean one thing.. a migraine is coming on. I hadn't had a full on migraine for about 3 years... had a couple of 'water snake' moments but never turned into anything. Yesterday, not so much. full on, full blown, nauseating migraine. of course we had an event to host that evening. all day I tried to get up and do stuff.. only to feel worse. that evening got all ready to go.. and little missy threw up again. another reminder to slow my roll.
well, today is sunday. and I don't miss church for anything. unless I'm giving birth or passed out, I'm going.
Just as I am about to walk out the door.. my son throws up.
ok. so maybe it wasn't just the teething and we all got a bug.
either way I'm home..feeling sick, icky with 2 little sickies next to me.
*sigh
all of this to say... I think some times we need to take it down a notch and after ignoring it over and over and over... sometimes your body MAKES YOU. whether you like it or not.
So in reflection of that I feel like I have been so unsettled, chaotic and 'messy' lately.
I feel like I just need to stop. and be still.
re-load. re-ground-. re-focus. 
with all that said. I hope you all have a good sunday.. I am in reflection mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment