Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets: How to swaddle

quickie swaddle pictorial
1. Fold the blanket almost in half (back piece a bit longer) so its an upside down triangle.
2. Place baby in the middle, so the edge of the blanket is level with his/her neck
3.  Fold one side over baby
4. Flip bottom up
5. Fold remaining side over and around baby. 
With the remaining side I usually angle the blanket down, do a 1/3 fold and back up over his shoulder.
***
I am absolutely in love with the Aden + Anais swaddle blankets. I have the jungle jam set of 4...but the hoarder in me feels like I need every different design they have! haha!
I love how big and breathable they are. How they get softer the more you wash them, easy to roll up and they are not bulky.. so many things!
A friend of mine asked me how I swaddle baby boy in them so I took some quickie photos to text to her, and thought maybe it would help some of you!

I know they are more pricey than their neighboring swaddle blankets...but you will use these way beyond the first few weeks of your babies life and for much more than swaddling. I have several friends that still use them with their now toddlers and big kids for outings, covering up from the sun without getting all hot and bothered, nursing, naps, you name it...and unlike other blankets that lose their softness and color.. these get better with age. Can't say enough!

1 comment:

  1. Aden and Anais blankets are simply the best!!! They are so cute and keep my baby girl perfectly warm and cuddles without getting to hot. I also love how they are big enough to nurse in!

    Adelemamabrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete