Monday, August 27, 2012

Using what you have

Am I the only one that gets into "I'm not good at anything, woe is me" mode once in a while?
Sometimes I start self pitying and wish I had a tangible talent that I could use to to bless others. I go down the road of.."if I were athletic, or if I could sing, if I could play the piano..." and then I start feeling bad. Why do we do that? so not productive.
I really truly believe that your 'gift' is something that you enjoy doing, and you're pretty good at. So I decided (with a lot of encouragement from my husband) to use what I love  doing to bless others more and MORE! 
When my nailpolish rack arrived I was gonna hang it in our room in our bathroom, and my husband was like NO! you need to hang out there so you can do people's nails more often! 
So I am taking over the office with my  nail stuff. haha!!!
I feel like I'm totally filling a stereotype of korean girl doing nails, but hey.. maybe it IS in my bones. I like doing it, its fun and I get to spend time with people while I do them. 
So... spontaneous nail night started yesterday.

Got to do a couple of girl's nails and now I think I'm going to do it on a regular basis at certain times on certain days so people can just drop by. (and hopefully have yummy treats to eat too!)


I wanted to share this to encourage all of you out there to use the things you love to do to bless others. It might be something as simple as painting people's nails. Not everyone LIKES doing or is good at doing things you might delight in doing and find very easy to do....
You will be amazed at how great you feel making someone else feel good while doing something you love!
Have a great week!

3 comments: