Hi friends, I've been debating doing a post like this since….probably LAST mother's day? I think like most people it is hard to be vulnerable and open about personal things. BUT I think it is in those places in our hearts that we can encourage others and strengthen ourselves by opening it up.
Being a mom of four now I realize that I am kind of on my own. So I've learned along the way how to learn, grow and better myself as a mom, wife and woman.
I hope some of these are helpful to you. If anything, please know that you are not alone. No mom is perfect, and tomorrow is always a new day.
1. Accept that you didn't have the parents that you should've, could've, wanted to have and move forward.
2. Decide what kind of parent you want to be. If it helps, make a physical list.
3. Observe other parents. The good and the bad.
4. Ask someone you love and that loves you to be honest…. I mean HONEST, about how they think you are as a parent. AND (this is important because you know we all get defensive about our kids and how we parent) be open to what they are saying. If you really want to be the best parent you can be… truth hurts some times.
5. Surround yourself (and your kids) with good people.
6. Encourage other parents. We all need a pat on the back (or a big ol chocolate cake) once in a while!
7. Forgive yourself. Don't beat yourself up. Kids forgive so easily, you need to forgive yourself.
and remember, that tomorrow, the next hour, the next minute is a new opportunity to do better.
love you all!!