I made this beef and broccoli yesterday and the kids just ate it up! anything that I like and the kids like is a big win-win for me!
1 1/2 lbs of beef chuck roast sliced thin (the kind packaged for marinating or carne asada is perfect)
1 cup beef broth
1/2 oyster sauce (look in the asian food aisle)
1 lb of fresh broccoli florets
2 tbs cornstarch
Steamed rice ( I like jasmine because it smells so good cooking!)
1. cut up beef into strips or bite size for your little ones
2. pour oyster sauce and beef broth over the beef, toss beef around to make sure all the sauce is covering it
4. cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours
5. steam broccoli florets, if you do not have a steamer you can put in the microwave in a bowl with 1/4 cup of water for 4-5 minutes
6. scoop out the juices from crockpot ( broth/oystersauce and meat)into a bowl and add 2 tbs of cornstarch and stir
7. pour back into the crockpot
8. add broccoli and continue cooking on High uncovered for 15 minutes
serve with rice and enjoy!