Friday, May 25, 2012

new perspectives

the past couple of weeks have been kind of a... how should i say, learning experience? I use to work at this kids camp and at the end of the day when the leaders were sharing about the day we would say if the day was a 'good' day or a 'growing' day. I would have to say the last couple of weeks have been 'growing'. not so much with me and internally, but with outside situations. learning how to deal with things, people, situations....its hard. 
relationships are hard. especially when people are hard. *sigh.
with all that said, I realize that certain people will never change. and since they will be in my life forever....I figure I need to change. change my thinking, reactions and expectations of them. The reality is, most people are selfish. AND even though they might be grown up in age...they might not ever 'grow up' and mature. I think that is the part I have a hard time with. realizing that some people might not ever think outside themselves. 
SO....in order to guard my heart and not get stressed and anxious about it. I have been really trying to change my perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment