Saturday, March 23, 2013

You are Enough

talk about a reoccurring theme in my life!
I feel like I go through phases, moments, days... where I just feel like I'm not good enough.
at being a mom, wife, friend, daughter, cook, housewife, teacher... whatever it is, I've felt it.

self pity? somewhat...
reality... yes.
I think every person goes through it. Maybe at different degrees and frequencies, but we all have those moments where we feel like our best isn't good enough.

I just wanted to tell you.
YOU ARE ENOUGH.

nobody is perfect. and if they seem perfect, they're not.
We are all a work in progress. 
Do your best and be open to growth.
but allow yourself not to be perfect and be okay with it.

as a mom I often feel like I need to do better, be better.
more patient, kind, fun, active...a better cook blah blah blah.
BUT you know what? I love my kids as much as I can. I learn from watching other moms and I am open to correction (even if sometimes reluctantly). Today I will be a better mom than I was yesterday.

My kids are loved, protected, safe, well fed, clothed....and somewhat clean...so today I will tell myself and believe that I am enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment