Today I turn 34. Strange thing about aging is that you never think of yourself as old. (as long as there are people older than you! haha!) I remember when I was younger thinking that 25 was so old, and that was when you were a "real adult". Today, I'm still waiting to feel like a "real adult".
so today as I reflect I thought I would share 34 things I have learned through the years.
1. Love multiplies when you give it away
2. You will never regret doing the right thing
3. People can change, no matter how long they (or you) have been that way
4. Forgiveness is a process, not a one time deal
5. It's never too late to try something new
6. It takes a lot more energy to be a grumpy pants than just get over it
7. I should have started flossing sooner
8. Everyone has something contribute. EVERYONE.
9. Hurt people, hurt people
10. It's impossible for a mom to finish a cup of coffee on the first round
11. Every woman just wants to feel beautiful
12. Good friends are hard to come by, so treat the ones you have well.
13. No mom has it together.
14. There are good men out there
15. Kids need boundaries
16. Taking care of yourself helps you take care of others better
17. If you are wrong, apologize. even if they are 4 years old
18. Everyone wants to be loved...no matter how hardcore they are
19. God's plans are always better than mine
20. Surround yourself with dreamers and doers
21. Be happy when others succeed
22. Chocolate is gooooood
23. Love is a choice. You can't always trust your feelings.
24. Being a gracious receiver, blesses the giver
25. A clean house is overrated
26. It's ok to try on 15 outfits before you walk out the door. If you feel good, you'll feel confident all day. If you don't, you'll feel like frump master flex all day.
27. Don't compare yourself to others...you'll never win. accept and love who you are
28. Every doctor has their own opinion.
29. Allow people to make mistakes. You're not perfect either
30. Sometimes, all you need is a hug
31. If you have poopie attitude, flush it. Don't spread it. (wise words from my 4 year old)
32. Think the best of people.
33. Be teachable, correctable and humble.
34. Remember that you, along with everyone else, are a work in progress.
Hope you all have a beautiful day!